Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sometimes

Sometimes

when I can see beyond the veil
past the events that seem so pressing
beyond all of the things that confuse and distract

there is a glimpse
a shimmer
a twinkling of light

something that is at the periphery
of conscious thought
something I can almost touch
and call its name

and then it is gone

Sometimes

when these little gifts nearly appear
and I know they are there
I am reminded

of something greater
a higher purpose
a life’s work

and I wonder
if something has been left undone
or missed altogether

Sometimes

I almost remember


tjp 3/7/09

3 comments:

.99centPoetry said...

I try to remember the things I forgot.And sometimes I forcibely choose to try and forget in my every day memory of hearts.

Galen said...

Sometimes I have those moments, too. You describe the indescribably so well.

Thom said...

I have grasped it and held it ever so briefly... enough to know what I am seeing out the corner of my mind's eye...