Thursday, December 31, 2009

Spirit

You were with me but I could not understand
You spoke not a word as you led the way
Through the aisles, through the door
You took me to the temple
And I thought it odd – it was not like you
But it was you just the same
Silently, you showed me how to give
And in silence I received
I turned to see you sitting, head in hands
But when I looked again you were gone
It was then I realized you left this world
These nine months ago
How can this be?
When I awoke, I was compelled
Not afraid nor filled with remorse…
Rather, blessed for having open eyes
To see you again
Just one more time


tjp 12/19/09

3 comments:

joetalk said...

Beautiful . . .

it's my thing said...

Thank you Thom. It is fitting for me today.

SomeLikeItJo said...

http://knjcougar.blogspot.com/
GO TO MY BLOG IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE