Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Shades of Grey



I want the sky to be grey today
I want an endless day of rain
gazing out the window
remembering the smell of pine
the aroma of freshly moistened earth
a peace pulled out of time

I want it to be all right today
I want the pieces to fall into place
living in the moment
perspective from each view
the past left far behind me
a present clear and true

Darkness to the left of me
Light, clear on the right
shades of grey surrounding
in a shifting shapeless light

And if I don’t seem very clear
Shades of grey are looming near

© tjp 7/22/08

4 comments:

Claire Uncorked said...

Seeing as thunderstorms kept waking me up last night, I'm sick to death of seeing grey skies! I do, however, "get it", at least what you meant.

I hope everything's ok!

Thom said...

Yes, everything is OK. Interesting... I am getting offline feedback that this poem is really depressing. I though it was kind of neutral... you know, grey..

Anonymous said...

"Dawn is breaking everywhere
Light a candle, curse the glare
Draw the curtains I don't care, cause... It's all right

I will get by, I will get by, I will get by, I will survive..."

"Oh well a 'Touch Of Grey'
Kinda suits you anyway,
That was all I had to say, and
It's all right..."

;-) OR...

Darkness to the left of me, light is to the right. Here I am, stuck in the middle with you? ;-)

O.k., I'm feeling somewhat better now. Goodnight. (((BIG HUGS))) & LOVE, Rob.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm,it was kind of neutral and between the lines,or I dare even say balanced.
Crap,If anything it was positive,but thats up to individual perspective.

I find comfort and truth in dark,as I do light.One cannot exist without the other,nor give us proper persepective without experiencing both now and again.