Sunday, September 28, 2008

Emotional Indigestion


Something odd has happened to my writing. I used to post a nice balance of matter-of-fact, serious, humorous, cryptic, and just plain off the walls entries. You know, moments of darkness and light – like the blog title says. Lately, it has been of the more cryptic and “huh, what did he just say?” variety (or lack of variety).

It is not writer’s block … it is something quite different. I have been writing more than ever. I have three blogs (at least) written and the start of what could quite possibly be a book going – and I am unwilling to do anything other them let them sit in the memory of my computer.

My writing has become quite personal; too personal, in fact. I have chosen to let loose the raw, emotional side and put it to print. Is it suitable for this forum? I am not so sure. Taken out of context, it would appear that my life is pure hell and that I am a tormented soul who will never be anything other than a victim of circumstances. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Blame it on the time of year, call it a life crisis, peg it on the economy, chalk it up to emotional and spiritual indigestion… It doesn’t really matter. But until I can find some perspective on all of this and return to my usual sometimes serious, sometimes less-than-serious, smartass self, I think I will step away from the blogging… for now, at least. (Previous sentence subject to change at whim).

That doesn’t mean I will stop leaving smartass comments on YOUR blogs.

5 comments:

Claire Uncorked said...

Oh, I don't think you're life is miserable! I just think that, like me, you're not thrilled with where you spend 8 (or more, perhaps in your case) hours a day.

I've been silent lately on my blog - not because I have writer's block, but because I'm exhausted or I just get too busy to do it. Hopefully soon....

Blue Ice Dave said...

If this blog can act as a digestive, I think posting your recent thoughts might be a good thing. I'd miss your writing.

.99centPoetry said...

From knowing you all this time I would say that you are actually quite happy...and only left feeling lacking in your profession.

Cryptic works for me..I think men of mystery are hawt!!!And I have always loved the way you write..with a sense of affection and envy.

John said...

LOL....Oh now that is way too funny! You being quiet? Well, take what time you need...there are enough reasons out there to take a break as the world is spinning like crazy.

Anonymous said...

Oh my - I go away on vacation and the whole word falls apart. No more blogging? Does this mean that in the absence of blogging we will hear beautiful original music all over Wilton Manors or will we have to watch Sarah Palin make a fool of herself as a new source of excitement?