Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Transformation


Somewhere in the warm mists of time
I lost my way
I found my way
With strange purpose and by design…

And I don’t know where to find me

A stranger wakes with me each day
The mirror lies
The stranger dies
And with a price that can’t be paid

I head out cold in spite of me

Can you hear it
When your name is whispered softly
Or do you turn a deafened ear?
Can you bear it?

Can you see it
When it’s laid down right before you
Or do you close a blinded eye?
Can you bare it?

Somehow in the harsh light of day
I lost old time
I found new time
With precision and disarray

I reach out but can not touch me

Intentions fade and slowly grey
The mirror sighs
The stranger lies
To live and die another day…

And I speak yet can’t define me

3 comments:

Nilla said...

If I could steal a poem and claim it as mine ...this would be the one.

John said...

Thom,
Wonderful stuff.....you do have a way with the pen. Hope you are doing well...Corporate America is doing a number on me these days.....riding the rough swells...we'll see where I land. Hugs.

John

.99centPoetry said...

We are always our own worst enemy.And the lies we tell ourselves always that which gets us through our days.

Love this!