Saturday, June 20, 2009

That Was The Week That Was

Again. Unless you were around in the 60’s, the title reference will most likely escape you… Google it; it was a very cool show.

Life, however, has not been a very cool show these days. With the exception of a few notable bright spots, it continues to be a very stressful and distressing time. How many weeks can you go through and say “Wow… what a long f*ing week!”

I am tired all of the time. I have no energy for anything after the workday. All I want to do is sleep on the weekends – when I am not working. Again and again…

In my last blog I stressed the need for balance. It is the answer and it will help. But with the passing of another unexpectedly stressful week, balance has not even been pursued. Again…

I am tired of sounding like a broken record about the same subject. I know it is within my power to change. It seems I just need a reset, a jump… something – anything, which seems to elude me. Just once, I want to say “I had a good day.” I need to reintroduce joy into my life and reclaim what I know is mine. As much as I want to end this on a positive or humorous note, it is just not happening.

Anyone have a set of jumper cables? (OK, that’s an attempt)

3 comments:

it's my thing said...

I hope things get better for you. I remember that show. It's the weekend. Relax for a change.

joetalk said...

Thom, I can soooooooo relate to that statement! Just in this month alone it seems like everytime I turn around work is going crazy.

I openly wonder how much blood they want to get from the turnip. Thank goodness my team does so well that they put up with my smart mouth!

Oh well -- deep breaths and get some relaxation in this weekend. I find that the more I write, the less effort it is. Maybe you're just in a writer's block phase??

Oh - and I still love my iPhone! I can still hate all things Apple, right??

Alli Pie said...

Well it was a strange week for me...not so nice things occurred but I'm thinking about the cheapest online store to buy explosives from and that should help to de-stress me for a day or two.

I would like for you to try to take it easy also. I worry about you. You're always helping others and some of those people must be real pricks, too. I'm told IT is a son-of-a-b@#&$! Just make a plan to get some of this junk off your back so it doesn't affect your heart. We need that to keep beating, Okay?

Go get a massage or something...Brazilian wax, maybe?