Friday, June 27, 2008

Things You Should Know


I like to keep my friends swimming out in the cyber pool informed. That’s me waving from the deep end. Hi!

A few facts:

Never give me poor customer service. This has been the subject of countless rants on another blog site, but today Macy’s got the prize. The store was freaking empty, was I really completely invisible? I was about to drop too much money on a pair of shoes… and I was ignored… bad Macy’s!

I have the ability to wiggle my eyeballs very fast and it freaks most people out. I don’t do it much anymore because it gives me a headache. Ya think I should stop?

I am on VACATION!!!! For a whole WEEK!!! I am turning off my CELL PHONE so WORK can’t CALL!!! I am NOT doing BUSINESS on a BEACH!!!

I can move my eyes independently – one goes one way while the other stays still, then the other eye moves while the other stays still. In spite of the way that sentence was written, I only have two eyes.

We are celebrating Mom’s 80th birthday. She is David’s mom, but I get to call her mom too, which is very cool (I don’t call her mom too, I call her mom). Children will be involved… I don’t do children well. Funny that, since I am one.

I have never had the hiccups. Never… ever. I occasionally make a sound that resembles a hiccup, sometimes even twice, but never three times. It just doesn’t happen. I am a freak of nature and damn proud of it. Hmmmm… I think that might make a good t-shirt (that’s four if you are counting, Claire).

I don’t have a normal feed for my blog. I have to be different, so if you are one of those kind souls who has me on your Google Reader and my blog never seems to update, the feed is: http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/YbXU

I can wiggle my ears which makes my glasses move back and forth. It scares young children… did I mention that I don’t do children well?

For the next week I will be at a beach house with David and 18 members of his family. If you don’t hear from me during that time, that is why. If it goes longer than a week, please call the authorities and comb the beach at Fort Meyers…

On Sunday I will be 53. I have nothing witty or profound to say about that. Other than at this point, ever year is a gift. OK, that was a little profound… maybe just enough.

So, gentle reader, consider yourself informed and enjoy the water. And hey… let’s be careful out there!

8 comments:

Claire Uncorked said...

Of course I'm counting!

Your rants on shitty customer service have made me laugh & laugh. Actually, your rants on everything have, but that's the topic that seems to really get you going. It's a drag that you have to get so pissed to amuse me!

Ah, vacation...I don't get to go on one until December, so make sure you enjoy yourself for me! David, too!

Anonymous said...

I wondered what was going on with your feed. Glad you're using feedburner! It's definitely the way to go. Oh, and happy birthday to David's mom, and have fun out there!

Anonymous said...

Oh honey,let me send you a pre-Happy Birthday,with lotsa snuggles and kisses!

Enjoy the beach house and the beach...wear a thong ;-)

Anonymous said...

A.D.D. is fun! ;-)

When I worked at Strawbridge's, I went out of my way for those who wanted help, and for the others I said "Hi" introducing myself and kept things moving... Sometimes it depended on whether it was early morning or late evening, when it may have been empty and quite, I would certainly make eye contact, smile, say "Hi", etc... Though, the customers didn't always hear me, and by then I wouldn't approach them thinking that maybe they did hear me and just didn't want to be bothered... So, considering all this, I'm sure I've unintentionally ignored a customer before.

As a customer, I usually try to be invisible most of the time, and they always seem to find me out, though, when I really need them they're nowhere to be found. Ha, I just thought of something funny. This one time I was at a Best Buy, and an employee asked me if I needed help 3 or 4 times within 15 minutes, and each time it was as if he'd never seen me before and I was someone new... I actually felt de ja vu when he asked me the 2nd time, not looking up right away to see that it was him again, only hearing this familiar voice... After the fourth time, I contemplated following him around the store and placing myself in his line of vision to see if he would ask if I needed help again, but, he actually found someone to help at that moment.

You know, your eyes are gonna fall out of your head?!! Oh my God, don't ever do that around me because I will FREAK OUT! That just shouldn't even be allowed, see, God's f'ed up like that, so funny that one. ;-)

A WHOLE F'ING WEEK!!! You've certainly earned it!

Happy Birthday to Mom... Happy Birthday to YOU! My parent's 40th anniversary is this Sunday... which I can hardly believe, I have to call them.

I've had hiccups, but I rarely, if ever, get them. Though, I also have that thing that resembles a hiccup, which is like a cross between a hiccup and a burp.

So, is this Google Reader thing somewhere on the blogger page, or is this something separate and personal that lets you know when someone has updated their blog?

First the eye thing, now the ear thing... can you do the one eyebrow thing?!! Dammit, I can't do any of that weirdo stuff, WEIRDO! ;-)

Wow, 18 family members?! You have your own room, right? And you can get away if need be? That's a lot of family to be around for an entire week... Though, I love family... just sayin'.

ENJOY, my funny funny friend!!! (((BIG HUGS))) & LOVE, Rob:-)

Anonymous said...

BLOGMENT ALERT!!!

John said...

Hey Thoim,
Congratulations on being on vacation!! How cool! And Macy*s can ill afford to piss anyone off that wants to drop money on them. I konw a few of their employees who are operations managers....I can't wait to let them know about this one. Hah!!

Early Happy Birthday, too....had mone a month ago almost....48...they are all blessings now. I totally agree. I am fortunate that I haven't annoyed someone so much that they have exacted vengance on me. LOL...well...maybe those are the folks in my spin classes.:-)

You and David have a wonderful time celebrating, chilling and ignoring all that is the regular, mundane life....and don't scare te children into the water....it might not be pretty.

Hugs, John

John said...

I see Wolfy has been up to his usual tricks...did he send you a 4th of July thong? LOL

Anonymous said...

I will have a 4th of July thong next year..I promise