Sunday, November 23, 2008

Choices


Choices

How easy it is to just forget,
to slip, to slide; land in the land of regret,
open the door to those inner voices,
when all along there was a world of choices.

Things may not be easy,
things may not be grand -
but if you fall down now, boy…
where you gonna land?

Things may not be stable,
things may not be great -
but you took a chance, boy…
now you’re gonna wait?

How easy it is to slip and fall,
to stumble, fumble; press your back to the wall,
to give in to those dissenting voices,
when all along there was a world of choices.

3 comments:

Claire Uncorked said...

I always wonder what's going on when you write stuff like this, Thom! As always, it's brilliant & spot-on.

Thom said...

It's just those voices in my head... fortunately, they are fairly benign these days : )

It is not all as negative as it sounds - quite the opposite, actually...

Anonymous said...

Get out of my head! ;-)

Though, sometimes too many choices confuses and/or overwhelms me and makes me not want to do anything...

Speaking of not doing anything, I have Fri. & Sat. off, Yay, I think that's what I'll do... or not do? However, right now I'm gonna go to sleep... Yes, I'm still a night owl.

As always, I love your poetry. Thank You for sharing, Thom.

(((BIG HUGS))) & LOVE, Rob:-)