Sunday, November 2, 2008

Stop The Madness!


Arizona has the right idea.

Well, make that two ideas… one being that McCain is losing ground in his own state, the other being NO DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!!!

Like I don’t have enough trouble sleeping as it is…

Every year we get to “spring ahead” to throwing off our internal clocks. Then we wait six months for that extra hour of sleep. Except now we have to wait longer because some damn fools decided to extend the stupidity.

This is how I see it… you wake up in the morning and it is approaching daylight (unless you live in the north woods and it is daylight at 4am), then you go about your day, and in the evening it gets dark, you get tired, and you go to bed. And the problem is???

I have heard all of the economic, antiquated, obscure, and otherwise stupid arguments for continuing this stupidity. I say “Basta!” (enough), let us join our brothers and sisters in Arizona and just say no to Daylight Savings Time (we can also advise them on how to vote next Tuesday). I say next spring, don’t do it - don’t move your clocks ahead. Show up at work late… or early, or whatever it is… you see how confusing this all is!

Thank you and get out there and vote…


Disclaimer:
This is a rant and contains no scientific studies, contains no empirical data, and really has no basis in fact whatsoever. This message has been written by and approved by me.

5 comments:

Galen said...

I say, Stop the madness...no more Standard Time! As I've complained every year, I hate coming home from work in the dark in winter. At least this year I have a more reasonable schedule and finish my last patient at 5:30, instead of 7:30. But it will still be dark. Ugh...depressing.

Nilla said...

I think the whole idea of changing the time around at all is bull shit. Maybe it applied in Mr. Franklin's time but it certainly doesn't apply today. Its no more than a mere annoyace to modern society.

Anonymous said...

I love that twice a year, I can expect a daylight savings time rant from you. It makes me smile.

Due to my status as grad student/employee (full time student, employee of the 20-30 hour per week variety), my mornings start at 8 and the day isn't usually over until 10 that night. Changing the clock means nothing to me, as it's dark when I get up and it's dark when I get home. Mind, I'm not thrilled about this; I'm just glad it's temporary.

Claire Uncorked said...

I have to agree with Phil, it's something I look forward to! =)

I guess I figure I can't do anything to prevent the time change from happening, so I really don't think about it. At least in the fall. I HATE "spring forward" at the beginning, but then I like having lighter evenings.

.99centPoetry said...

My internal clock has been broken for many years.I only act the part of the morning person cos thats when I work.

If it were up to me I'd go to bed and wake up whenever it happens to happen each day.No schedule,no appointments or promises to be somewhere at a given time.

I need to win the lotto already :-)