Sunday, December 14, 2008

Humbuggery





Hmmm… I am sensing a lack of genuine Christmas Spirit lately. In fact, there has been outright hostility expressed about the season in general. I daresay that there is an air of humbuggery about (look it up… it’s a real word).

Sure, the economy sucks. We’re all getting older, things go wrong, blah, blah, blah… Even I (yes, it’s true) have experienced moments of “why bother.” But then it kicks into gear – my need to express exactly the opposite of what everyone else is saying; my own little oppositional defiant disorder (yes, sadly those words are real too).

Just one more negative things and I am going to… I swear… I’ll do it… OK, I was just pushed over the edge – you made me do it. You only have yourself to blame. You have gone and made me pull out one of my song parodies – and not just any song parody, one of my really, really, bad Christmas song parodies.

Vixen has made her annual appearance under our tree, so do you recall, my most infamous parody of all?


Vixen, The Drag Queen Reindeer

You know Santa’s a daddy with taste for young reindeer;
A nasty old top in a suit of red cashmere…
But are you aware
of his infamous Christmas affair?

Vixen, the drag queen reindeer
had some very shiny bling,
and if you ever saw it
you’d know she is Santa’s thing.

All of the other reindeer
used to laugh and call her fag;
they never let poor Vixen
get too close to Santa’s bag.

Then one foggy Christmas Eve
Santa gave a grin:
“Vixen with your bling so bright,
won’t you light my sled tonight?”

Said, all the other reindeer,
spying Santa’s after glow,
“Vixen, the drag queen reindeer
your daddy is a ho-ho ho…”

tjp 12/17/06


Now get out there and grab some Holiday Cheer! If not, I may have to post another…

6 comments:

joetalk said...

First of all -- that picture is HILARIOUS!!! But the kid is crying b/c he saw his hair in the mirror . . . i know i would . . .

That parody is a HAWT mess . . . too funny! Merry Fa-la-la-la to u 2 ;)

.99centPoetry said...

You may have to post another haha
That drag doll was fierce honey!!

I admit,this year,I am just not in the mood for it,and my mood won't change...its not exactly the holiday thats bothering me,just the holiday that reminds me of what is...

So thats,that.I will stew in myself for awhile and be a pissy missy :-)

Anonymous said...

Grabbing some Holiday Cheers sounds delightful. I would be happy enough to just grab something nice and warm!

Suavemente

Anonymous said...

Crap - apparently I am going to have to buy a new outfit to wear on Christmas Eve. Apparently Vixen was snooping in my closet - that bitch stole my holiday outfit.

Claire Uncorked said...

YAY!!! 2 of my all-time favorite Xmas things, & both from you! Being a long-time reader has its privileges!

Nilla said...

I am the god of holiday resentment. I hate buying for other people ...LOL