Friday, May 23, 2008

Halle-Frekin-Holiday-Weekend-Lujah!

We made it…

That’s a picture of me and my co-workers standing out in the oppressive heat shedding nary a bead of perspiration. We are cool with the fact that at noon today we shut and locked the doors for business until Tuesday morning.

That’s Millicent to my right. I couldn’t resist beaning her with the flagpole after how much she pissed me off this week. On my left is Barbie. She is the one they created that blond joke about – you know the one: “Two blondes walk into a building… you would have thought one would see it...” That’s Margie gazing skyward over my left shoulder. Poor dear… she is permanently stuck in that position and always has that look on her face. We are taking up a collection… Behind Margie is Dana… we’re still accepting bets on its gender. Over my right shoulder is Eleanor, holding her charming daughter Eleanor Jr. That’s her husband, Gus, all the way in the back yelling “Where’s my beer, bitch?” He’s always good for a laugh and a lot of fun, Gus. The rest are people just caught up in the moment who decided to join our little impromptu celebration.

You might wonder "Why the banner of the Queen?" How many times do I have to tell you about Wilton Manors? The lady over in England is a wannabee… the real queens live here.

If you are fortunate enough to have a Holiday weekend, may it be as festive as the so-happy-they-are-downright-gay folk of my little town (part III).

4 comments:

Claire Uncorked said...

Ha! Thanks for the laugh to get me through this long-ass afternoon.

I love your little town, or at least what you've written about it. Doug & I will find ourselves in the area at some point - you'll have to give us the grand tour. (However, we won't help you paint that bathroom.)

Galen said...

So glad that someone had their camera ready to capture the moment! But I would suggest that you might want to update your work wardrobe...

Thom said...

Come on down Claire, we would love to give the Fabulous Grande Tour. We even have a guest bedroom complete with a pair of paintbrushes...

Galen, non-profits don't pay very well so we do our best at used clothing stores. I think we look quite smart in our retro garb...

Anonymous said...

*Scratches head*