Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sweet Home, Wilton Manors



Business trips… a necessary evil. Fortunately, I will have far less business travel than when I was a corporate execudriod, but the potential for more trips exists. I work for a non-profit, and anyone who knows that world knows that they are staffed by women and gay men. The women seem to outnumber the men by… oh, roughly… 99 to 1. (Yes, Alli – chatty, chatty women…lol) After a week of talking shop non-stop, I was more than ready to come home.

As nice as the location was (Palm Springs, CA), as well appointed as the room was, as good as the meals were, as fun as the activities were (tour and dinner at a zoo after hours, comedy club with a reunion of some Saturday Night Live cast)… there really is no place like home.

I am sitting on my soft leather sofa, feet up, laptop on lap… life is good. Being with David after a week of being apart is better than good.

I have but one small favor to ask of you out there in cyberplace… remind me of I what I just said when I go back to work tomorrow.

Anyway… The blog title came before the country theme of the picture above, that I found on Google Images. Imagine my surprise when I actually recognized someone in the picture (it’s a small town). Second on the left is Michael, a member of David’s Blue Ice softball team and one incredibly sweet guy! Here are some of Michael’s alter egos:

Wonder Woman Michael and Blue Ice Michael





… yet another reason why I call this strange and wonderful place, my little town (part III)

7 comments:

Galen said...

Glad you're back home, back with the guy who actually missed folding laundry with you...doesn't get any better than that!

suavemente said...

I didn't know that Wonder Woman is supposed to have a little bulge in her panty. Is that why people call her Wonder Woman? LOL Welcome home!

joetalk said...

Yay!!!!!! You're back home!!! Hope the homecoming was awesome . . . where is that bar?? Those guys look hot!

Thom said...

JJ - It's a bar called Scandals... right here in our little town.

Anonymous said...

Ewww nasty chatty women...you poor thing,gays too?Lions,Tigers and Bears?Me oh my..
Both groups are better in small doses...especially when there's more than 2 of them together...

Glad you're back home where you belong...trying to take over the world!

Anonymous said...

O.k., it's been 2 days since you posted this and I'm here to remind you how good life is and how much you love your work... How's that? :-)

Ahhh, the comfort of being home with the man you love, glad you're back.

Third from the left & right... ummm, they have nicer hats? Yeah, that's it, nicer hats? ;-)

marie said...

Pssst!

Hi Thom!

John did a guest blog on my blog. Feel free to come stop by. :)